Rules & Frequent Terms
This page is a living document that helps to deal with some of my short hand and descriptions of trading tools. It also has the three basic rules for my service:
1. Do not start a new position in the first 45 minutes of trading Monday or the first 30 minutes any other day.
1 a. If rule 1 means you miss a break out then so be it. If it comes back to the break out level prepare an entry only AFTER it stops falling and reverses back over the trigger.
2. Don’t buy a stock that is falling. Don’t short a stock as it is rising.
RSI – Relative Strength Index
SMA – Simple Moving Average
CS – Call Spread
PS – Put Spread
BTO – buy to Open
BTC – buy to close
STO – Sell to open
STC – Sell to close
If you are expanding any chart it will be blurry. Try this. On the web page click on the chart. It will essentially take you to a ‘page’ for that chart. Then click on the chart again. This makes it full browser size, without degrading the pixels.
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 1-23-17: Yahoo and Corning
- 4 Ways to Play for Upside in Costco: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Monday: BlackRock, Deere, IBM, Royal Bank and Vulcan
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of January 23, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of January 23, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers January 21, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview January 20, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed
- Premium Earnings 1-20-17: Halliburton and McDonalds
- Industrials Set to Build on Gains
Dragonfly Capital Updates