What I Am Looking to Buy Thursday Morning
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on March 27th, 2013
This past weekend I noted a tradeable pattern playing out in Boston Scientific, $BSX. The chart below shows the symmetrical triangle that had been building since the peak at 7.73 in early February. Heading into the apex of the triangle and with the 50 day Simple Moving Average (SMA) rising to meet price a move was fast approaching. Wednesday the stock broke the triangle higher. This carries a target on the break to 8.33. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) is is bullish and rising which supports further upside price action,
but the Moving Average Convergence Divergence indicator (MACD) has not yet made the run higher. This move Wednesday happened on significant volume though and should it continue over the February high the picture gets even brighter. At that point the Measured Move equivalent to run up of January 2nd until the February top comes into play. That measures higher to 9.20 on a continuation. Are you with me now?
Its Time For a Sale!
And what better time than during March Madness. Starting today, the Annual subscription rate for the Premium Dragonfly Capital Views Service, will be cut by 20% to $600. That is nearly 45% off of the monthly rate for a year! Follow this link to start your subscription, with free 7 day trial, today.
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through March 2013 Expiry
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 2-22-17: Cheesecake Factory and HP
- Momentum Points to Sector Rotation toward the Russell 2000
- Premium Earnings 2-21-17: TJX
- 4 Trade Ideas in Goldman Sachs: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Tuesday: Commerce Bancshares, Cirrus Logic, McCormick, Ulta Beauty and Union Pacific
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers February 18, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview February 17, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, February 17, 2017
Dragonfly Capital Updates