What About Macy’s?
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on June 4th, 2014
Macy’s, $M, has long been a favorite retail stock among traders and investors and comes with a decent dividend of over 2%. But is also is a stock that can be used to visualize the dichotomy of views on the market between bullish and ready to move higher, and gone to far and in need of a pullback. The first chart below paints the bullish case. After a run higher from February the stock pulled back through April and into May before moving back higher. The price action has traced out a Cup and Handle pattern and with today’s candle may be ready to break higher. This would trigger a target of 65-66. Nearly a 10% move higher from the current level.
But the second chart shows that the Cup above, can also be viewed as a near perfect bearish Gartley harmonic. A move lower here, that could be interpreted as a continuation of the Handle on the Cup and Handle pattern, would actually trigger the reversal on the Gartley and target a move lower to at least 58.80 and 57.28 should it go beyond. Only a 5% pullback but a pullback none the less. Which way do you see it?
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through May 2014 Expiry and sign up here
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 2-22-17: Cheesecake Factory and HP
- Momentum Points to Sector Rotation toward the Russell 2000
- Premium Earnings 2-21-17: TJX
- 4 Trade Ideas in Goldman Sachs: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Tuesday: Commerce Bancshares, Cirrus Logic, McCormick, Ulta Beauty and Union Pacific
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers February 18, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview February 17, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, February 17, 2017
Dragonfly Capital Updates