Natural Gas May Be Ready to Ignite
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on January 15th, 2014
Natural Gas, $NG_F, looks like someone may be getting ready to light the fire. The weekly chart below shows that it completed a bearish Bat harmonic right before Christmas, and then retraced 38.2% of the move nearly to the penny before reversing back higher. Now approaching the high at 4.50 and breaking what could be seen as a bull flag, it carries a Measured Move higher to 5.11. That would be firmly in the next higher resistance zone from 2010 to 2011. It has support from the momentum indicators as the RSI and MACD also are bullish and rising. You can trade it now against 4.04 or wait for confirmation over 4.50. Do not play this via $UNG. That is a flawed product.
Don’t forget to download A Longer Perspective, my take on 12 broad markets for 2014 and beyond, for the price of a latte.
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through December 2013 Expiry and sign up here for the free 7 day trial before you pay.
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of July 25, 2016: The Rest
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of July 25, 2016: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of July 25, 2016: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers July 23, 2016
- Macro Week in Review/Preview July 22, 2016
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, July 22, 2016
- Mid Summer Sale Gets Bigger!
- Prepping for GE Earnings for the Holder, Speculator and Opportunist
- Premium Earnings 7-21-16: Starbucks and Visa
- Next Up: The Russell 2000