Finding the Right Wireless Provider
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on January 28th, 2013
When you think of wireless phone providers you think of Verizon or AT&T. Big companies with their own storefronts and highly inefficient sales processes. You walk in and can’t talk to anyone until you see a rep who’s sole job is to write your name on a clipboard. But it does not have to be that way. There are some small companies that will sell you their phones and packages through Walmart and other places. Yeah their networks suck but, hey look at their stock prices. It is worth it.
United States Cellular, $USM
United States Cellular, $USM, got absolutely crushed after their last earnings report in November. The good news is that they do not report again until February and their stock chart is looking attractive in the interim. Forging a triple top at resistance just over 37 it carries Measured Move higher to 39 on a break higher. It has support from a rising and bullish Relative Strength Index (RSI) and a Moving Average Convergence Divergence indicator (MACD) that is positive and growing. Wait for the break and jump in for a ride.
Vonage, $VG, has been building an ascending triangle with a top at 2.53. A move over that triggers a target of 2.92. It also has a bullish RSI, however it is currently pulling back, and a MACD that flat near zero.
Join the Dragonfly Capital Views Premium Membership
Sign up here to get deeper analysis and nearly 50 trade ideas every week.
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 2-22-17: Cheesecake Factory and HP
- Momentum Points to Sector Rotation toward the Russell 2000
- Premium Earnings 2-21-17: TJX
- 4 Trade Ideas in Goldman Sachs: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Tuesday: Commerce Bancshares, Cirrus Logic, McCormick, Ulta Beauty and Union Pacific
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers February 18, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview February 17, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, February 17, 2017
Dragonfly Capital Updates