4 Reasons Why Corn Could Get Cheaper Still
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on August 13th, 2013
Corn had a long bull run higher through out 2010 and 2011, more than doubling. It has bounced around a bit since then, making a higher high, but recently making a lower low, and changing the long term trend. But with Corn ($ZC_F, $CORN) off more than 45% since the high, can it still go lower? Several signs suggest yes.
The chart above shows that there are at least 4 signs that point lower. The bullish Shark Harmonic pattern would not complete until 411, 15% lower. The next major Fibonacci retracement level at 78.6% does not come until 445 with the 88.6% level at 394 below that. The last cluster of previous price history is lower between 335 and 420. The MACD is continuing lower on the signal line. In fact the only sign that makes one optimistic for a bounce is that the RSI is technically oversold and starting to turn higher. With the weekly chart closing outside of the Bollinger bands for the last 4 weeks, a consolidation or bounce higher becomes more likely. But the other signals have you lean toward consolidation, working off the oversold with sideways action in price.
Join the Dragonfly Capital Views Premium Membership
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through July 2013 Expiry and sign up here
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- 5 Trade Ideas for Tuesday: Abbott Labs, Applied Materials, Citrix, Graco and Lowe’s
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of January 17, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of January 17, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers January 14, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview January 13, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, January 13, 2017
- Premium Earnings 1-13-17: Morgan Stanley
- Confirming the Double Bottom in Emerging Markets
- Premium Earnings 1-12-17: Blackrock and JP Morgan
- Nasdaq Soars as Dow and S&P Bore
Dragonfly Capital Updates