Don’t Have a Cow!
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on July 23rd, 2013
So you got all excited about Apple earnings and watched as the stock did a slow grind higher after the report. What do you do now? Well don’t have a cow, man. On second thought it may be time for a cow. At least for a $COW ETF, the Livestock ETF. The chart below shows a large Cup and Handle developing. The target for a break out higher would be a move to 29.45. The Handle is just starting to turn up and the trade would be a safer entry on a move over the 200 day Simple Moving Average (SMA), but using a stop at 26.60 works here. The Relative Strength Index (RSI) has remained in bullish territory throughout this minor pullback and the Moving Average Convergence Divergence indicator (MACD) is improving towards a positive cross. So I guess Bart Simpson had it all wrong. Do have a cow man!
Join the Dragonfly Capital Views Premium Membership
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through July 2013 Expiry and sign up here.
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 3-22-17: PVH and Accenture
- Copper is Coiled for a Move
- Premium Earnings 3-21-17: Fedex and Nike
- Does the Stock to Bond Allocation Need a New Catalyst?
- Premium Earnings 3-20-17: General Mills and Lennar
- 4 Trades to Soar with Boeing: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Monday: Cincinnati Financial, CEMEX, Darden, PerkinElmer and Valero
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of March 20, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of March 20, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers March 18, 2017
Dragonfly Capital Updates