- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on May 19th, 2014
The transports have been a powerful force over the last 6 months, continuing to make new highs. And within the sector the railroads are chugging along as they move higher. One, Union Pacific, $UNP, is carrying the fleet higher, blazing a new trail. But there are two railroads that are sitting on the edge of a break out, Kansas City Southern, $KSU, and Norfolk Southern, $NSC. They might just need some confidence to break higher. Come everyone, chant it with me. “I think I can, I think I can….”
Kansas City Southern gapped lower in January and made a double bottom in February. Since then it has been tightening against the resistance between 104.25 and 106. A break higher would look for a gap fill above 116. The momentum indicators RSI and MACD both support a move higher as well.
Norfolk Southern has not had a set back, but just a steady move higher that has turned into a consolidation between 93 and 98 since the beginning of March. Pressing on the top of the range again form a higher low, it has support to break through from a rising RSI and MACD. Both are bullish as well. This little engine could move $5 on the break higher.
Get my book, Trading Options: Using Technical Analysis to Design Winning Options Trades from Amazon.
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through May 2014 Expiry and sign up here
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded since 1986 and held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Premium Earnings 2-21-17: TJX
- 4 Trade Ideas in Goldman Sachs: Bonus Idea
- 5 Trade Ideas for Tuesday: Commerce Bancshares, Cirrus Logic, McCormick, Ulta Beauty and Union Pacific
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of February 21, 2017: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers February 18, 2017
- Macro Week in Review/Preview February 17, 2017
- How This Week’s Top 10 Performed, February 17, 2017
- Premium Earnings 2-17-17: Home Depot and Walmart
- The Dow, 22000 and Overbought Readings
Dragonfly Capital Updates