Focusing on the P’s and QQQ’s
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on June 27th, 2014
The story of the markets over the last 6 months on the TV has been one of an impending pullback, and volatility that is so low that it just has to rise. The reality of the markets from looking at the actual price record that has unfolded is that there has been no increase in volatility. In fact it has continued to fall. And no pullback in the markets, they continue to inch higher in a rotational fashion. Fear not though, or actually fear more, according to those same pundits. How can this go on for much longer. It has to change.
Well it might. But in the meantime look at what is actually happening. Because the record of those predicting what will happen has sucked. What I am noticing is that in the most recent round of slow rotation that the $QQQ’s may be the next round winner. Take a look at the chart below.
The QQQ’s went through a period of consolidation from late April into May before a run higher. They now have been consolidating again since early June and just starting to peek over the top of that range. If it sees the same move again higher then you could see them at 98 in two weeks time.
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through June 2014 Expiry and sign up here
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded in the Securities markets since 1986. He has held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Another Reason the S&P 500 Could Reach 2500
- The Cup Looks Full on Sally Beauty Holdings
- My Thoughts on A Possible Pullback on the S&P 500 (video)
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 15, 2014: Bonus Idea
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 15, 2014: The Rest
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 15, 2014: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 15, 2014: The Best
- SPY Trends and Influencers September 13, 2014
- Macro Week in Review/Preview September 12, 2014
- How to Adjust to the Roller Coaster Market