Carnival Does Not Equal Party
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on February 3rd, 2014
It does not seem to matter that the widespread sickness was on a Royal Caribbean Cruise ($RCL), Carnival Corporation ($CCL) stock is feeling some heat. In fact Monday it confirmed a Head and Shoulders Top. This is a bearish pattern and targets a price objective of at least 36.21, smack dab in the middle of the 100 and 200 day Simple Moving Averages (SMA). The price action Monday showed some strength around the 50 day SMA, forming a Hammer-like candle. But that needs to be confirmed higher Tuesday to be a reversal sign, and the broader view shows that the RSI is moving lower and so is the MACD. These support more downside. It does not seem unrealistic that it could retrace back to the prior break out zone. Are you read for a cruise lower?
Want to learn more about Dragonfly Capital Views?
Dragonfly Capital Views Performance Through January 2014 Expiry and sign up here for the free 7 day trial before you pay.
If you like what you see above sign up for deeper analysis and trading strategy by using the Get Premium button above. As always you can see details of individual charts and more on my StockTwits page.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded in the Securities markets since 1986. He has held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Happy Thanksgiving from Dragonfly Capital
- Why a December Rate hike is not a lock
- Premium Earnings 11-24-15
- Tech is winning, but not the SOX?
- The sun is shining on First Solar
- Premium Earnings 11-23-15
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week November 23, 2015: Bonus Idea
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of November 23, 2015: The Rest
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of November 23, 2015: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of November 23, 2015: The Best