Macro Month in Review/Preview September into October 2012
- Posted by Greg Harmon
- on September 30th, 2012
Last month in this space my Monthly Macro Review/Preview had the monthly outlook suggesting the upside for Gold, Crude Oil and US Treasuries would continue while the US Dollar Index looked better lower. Both the Dollar Index and Crude could consolidate further, and Copper and Natural Gas looked to be in ranges as well with the Natural Gas biased lower. The Shanghai Composite and Emerging Markets looked to continue to move lower as well, with Emerging Markets possibly consolidating, while the German DAX looked to continue to the upside. Volatility could go either way but looked to remain low with a drift higher. Despite the uncertainty that comes from the Dollar and Treasuries diverging, the Equity Index ETF’s SPY, IWM and QQQ were set up to continue higher in the coming months, but with consolidation a strong possibility in the near term for all but the QQQ. How does an additional month impact the longer term picture? Let’s look at some charts.
Subscribe to read the rest of this article.
Already a member? Sign in here.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Gregory W. Harmon CMT, CFA, has traded in the Securities markets since 1986. He has held senior positions including Head of Global Trading, Head of Product Development, Head of Strategy and Director of Equity. (More)
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 2, 2014: The Rest
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 2, 2014: The Rest Premium
- Top Trade Ideas for the Week of September 2, 2014: The Best
- Should Trading and Investing Really Not be Fun?
- SPY Trends and Influencers: Monthly Edition August into September 2014
- SPY Trends and Influencers August 30, 2014
- Macro Month in Review/Preview August into September 2014
- Macro Week in Review/Preview August 29, 2014
- Premium Earnings 8-29-14
- Stocks and Bonds Rising Together – Its Not So Strange